ACEP Listserv Guidelines and Disclaimer
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS
Section E-list Guidelines
Section e-lists provide an opportunity for members to collaborate on a variety of issues. The following guidelines and disclaimer pertain to all section e-list users.
- E-list messages should be limited to section business or issues and medically related issues.
- Individuals who post derogatory (ad hominem), inflammatory, or profane messages are subject to removal from the e-list.
- Solicitations posted on e-lists (ie, to recruit membership in sections) should be kept to a minimum.
- Courtesy (e.g., “thank you”) and personal replies should be directed to the sender only.
ACEP Listserv Disclaimer
The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) developed and sponsors this forum. It is a private forum for the use of ACEP members in ACEP Sections and may be used only with ACEP's permission in accordance with the terms set forth below. Postings to the list are not confidential.
By use of this list, participants agree:
- The forum will not be used for improper, objectionable or illegal purposes or in a manner that violates ACEP's Code of Ethics for Emergency Physicians.
- To indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ACEP and its directors, officers, members, employees and agents against all loss, expense, damage, including attorney fees and related costs, litigation and threatened litigation arising out of or related to the participant's use of the forum.
- Improper conduct on ACEP's listserv may result in disciplinary measures including loss of access to the forum and an action to terminate participant's ACEP membership.
Information obtained through the list is not to be construed as professional advice, legal or otherwise, from ACEP. Moreover, information obtained through this list does not necessarily represent the views, position or policy of the ACEP.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, used for mailing list preparation or promotional mailings, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means (electronic, mechanical photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without prior written permission of ACEP.
The American College of Emergency Physicians, P.O. Box 619911, Dallas, TX 75251-9911, 800-798-1822.