Meeting Improvement in Medical Practice Requirements
To complete it, you must:
- and -
- Complete one Practice Improvement (PI) activity in years 1 through 5 of your certification and one PI activity in years 6 through 10 of your certification,
- Complete oneCommunication/Professionalism (CP)activity in years 1 through 5 of your certification and one CP activity in years 6 through 10 of your certification.
Your deadlines for completing these requirements depend on your certification expiration date.To check your own certification status and requirements, visit the ABEM website and log on to ABEM MOC Online. For more information, visit the ABEM MOC Improvement in Medical Practice resources on the ABEM website.
ACEP's Improvement in Medical Practice Tools
Here's what ACEP has to help you completeABEM MOCPart IV!
The ACEP Guide to Completing ABEM MOC PI Activities is now available to all ABEM diplomates in ACEP eCME. This new PI-CME series focuses on improving patient safety in emergency departments. Choose from:
- Go to: www.acep.org/acepecme
- Click the "Login to Get Started" button
- Enter your ACEP Username and Password
- Click the "Course Catalog" tab
In the left navigation pane, click "Maintenance of Certification"
Find the "Pathway 1" activity title in the list, then click "Launch"
Physicians certified by ABEM can satisfy one current Improvement in Medical Practice Performance requirement by completing this activity. Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and ACEP Category I credit.
"ABEM: MOC, LLSA, APP – Enough! Just Tell Me How to Stay Certified!"
Presented by Terry Kowalenko, ABEM Director, MD, FACEP
In this lecture from ACEP13, Dr. Kowalenko explains how to successfully complete the four components of Maintenance of Certification.
Listen to the lecture →
Access ABEM's Resources