Marketing Chapter Educational Meetings in EM Today
Only one chapter promotion at a time will be published within the ACEP news block of EM Today.
Each chapter may place one promotion a year at no cost.
- A chapter will fill out a request form for placement to begin on a specific date.
- Promotions will run for five consecutive days, based on availability.
- Placement dates will be assigned to chapters on a first come, first served basis. The availability of dates for chapter promotional placements will not be restricted by the scheduled placement of any other non-chapter promotional material.
- Required lead-time is four weeks.
- ACEP provides a calendar that will identify dates available and assigned.
- Promotions will be limited to text and only one URL hyperlink. No graphics, logos, icons or other design elements will be included.
- Promotional copy will be no more than 200 characters in length, including spaces and headline. URL addresses will be embedded in the text and will not be included in the character count.
- ACEP will not be responsible for editing promotional copy except to maintain ACEP grammar and style standards. Promotional text will reflect information submitted by chapter via an online form.
- No promotion of third party activities* will be permitted
- Chapters have the option to purchase additional advertising in EM Today at a discounted rate.
If ACEP is the accredited CME provider, then:
- Promotions for CME activities approved by ACEP for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM must be pre-approved by ACEP’s CME Approval Coordinator.
- CME activity “Save the Date” promotions must be pre-approved by ACEP’s CME Approval Coordinator
- Applications for activities promoted without the prior approval of ACEP’s CME Approval Coordinator will not be considered for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
- Because of the critical need for ACEP and chapters to comply with CME approval processes, failure to follow these guidelines will result in revocation of CME approval for the chapter activity and may result in chapter exclusion from further participation in this program.
If the accredited CME provider is an organization other than ACEP:
- Pre-approval by ACEP’s CME Approval Coordinator is unnecessary.
- Once promoted, these activities are no longer eligible to apply for ACEP accreditation.
*Third-party activities are any activity national ACEP jointly sponsors (accredits) with a chapter in which the chapter brings in an outside “third party.” The institution/organization type varies. For example, it might be a university, hospital, or a company, such as The Sullivan Group, EM Sono, or Center for Continuing Medical Education. In some instances, the “third party” could be an individual member. If the activity is not being completely planned, developed, and implemented by the chapter, it would be considered a “third party” activity.
Please forward any questions to Chapters@acep.org or call 800-798-1822, ext. 3227.