Reduce Avoidable Imaging Initiative
Reducing Avoidable Imaging Goal:
To reduce testing and imaging with low risk patients through the implementation of Choosing Wisely Recommendations
Aims for this initiative include:
- Reduce use of high-cost imaging for low back pain
- Reduce head CT scan after minor head injury
- Reduce chest CT for pulmonary embolus
- Reduce abdominal CT for renal colic
- Head CT for syncope
Reduce Avoidable Imaging Wave II Webinar Series
September 28th, 2017 from 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM EST
An opportunity to ask questions regarding the Portal & how to submit data within the Portal
The guidelines, measures, education and quality improvement (qi) activities and related data specifications developed by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Emergency Quality Network are intended to facilitate quality improvement activities by physicians. The materials are intended to provide information and assist physicians in enhancing quality of care. The materials do not establish a standard of medical care, and have not been tested for all potential applications and therefore should not be used as a substitute for clinical or medical judgment. Materials are subject to review and may be revised or rescinded at any time by ACEP. The materials may not be altered without prior written approval from ACEP. The materials, while copyrighted, can be reproduced and distributed, without modification, for noncommercial purposes (e.g., use by health care providers in connection with their practices).
Neither ACEP nor its members shall be responsible for any use of the materials or measures.
©2016 American College of Emergency Physicians. All rights reserved.
E-QUAL Initiatives Portal
Why Participate in E-QUAL?
The Avoidable Imaging Initiative Wave II will have a learning period of 6-9 months with numerous benefits:
- Meet new CMS MIPS requirements for Clinical Practice Improvement Activities
- Meet TJC OPPE requirements Submit and receive benchmarking data
- Feature ED's commitment to high value care to payers
- Provide ED with access to initiative aligned with CMS hospital quality reporting and payment initiatives
Avoidable Imaging Initiative Tool Kit
MIPS and CPIA Credit