National Outstanding Medical Student Award
The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), a national medical specialty society representing emergency medicine with more than 28,000 members, is seeking your help in selecting a medical student who intends to pursue a career in emergency medicine, and who has demonstrated outstanding patient care and involvement in medical organizations or the community.
The award is intended to recognize students who excel in compassionate care of patients, professional behavior, and service to the community and/or specialty.
Award recognition includes:
- a plaque from ACEP
- free one-year membership in ACEP
- free registration to ACEP's annual meeting
- convocation at ACEP's annual meeting
Past National Outstanding Medical Student Award Winners
Number of Awards
- Be a member in good standing of a US allopathic or osteopathicmedical school.
- Applying for a position in Emergency Medicine within the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) match.
ACEP is asking the chair of emergency medicine, the emergency medicine program director, or the medical student clerkship director, to select one medical student who is emergency medicine bound that addresses the following criteria, and complete and e-mail the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humanism, professionalism, and clinical judgment as attested to by the nominating individual
- Scholarly achievement: grades, academic rank, the US Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) scores for allopathic residencies or the Comprehensive Medical Licensing Exams (COMLEX) scores for osteopathic residencies, and honors (AOA, etc.)
- CV driven listing of activities with annotated description of each of the following:
- Leadership and service to medical organizations: focus on professional service and advocacy (service to the College with emphasis on the College's priority objectives, or local emergency medicine interest group [EMIG])
- Community service
- Research and publications
February 9, 2018
Notification Date for 2017 Recipients
April 27, 2018
Award winners will be recognized during the ACEP awards ceremony at the Scientific Assembly meeting later that year if award recipient is present.
Award winners will be recognized by the publication of their names in ACEP News or other College publications.
State chapters will be notified of the award recipients.
For questions, please contact Academic Affairs at email@example.com or 800-798-1822, ext. 3143.