EMRA Marketing and Special Events Manager
||Provide project management, marketing leadership and team infrastructure support across all functional areas of the EMRA team. Drive marketing, special events, branding and public relations activities to support EMRA’s success. Track and motivate adherence to required timelines and schedules, including event deliverables, maintenance schedules for internal and external media (website, social media, etc.); coordinate outbound communications to members and other stakeholders; assist EMRA Executive Director and EMRA staff in membership and special project marketing to internal and external audiences and inventory management.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan and execute marketing, communications, branding and public relations plans for all aspects of EMRA programs, events, meetings and products, including brand positioning and support, development and enforcement of graphic standards and promotions of EMRA to its audiences and stakeholders.
- Manage vendors that supply graphic design, printing, photography, marketing and promotional services to the organization. Additionally, manage contracted vendors to provide fulfillment and design services; seek out and manage vendor relationships for special event service providers.
- Manage member communications including electronic and direct mail communications as needed. Ensure social media messaging complements member messaging. Coordinate with ACEP to complement messaging about meetings, products, and educational opportunities as appropriate.
- Manage EMRA special events/campaign such as the EMRA Quiz Shows, SIMWars, EMRA 20 in 6 Resident Lecture Series, EM Day of Service, Chaos in the ED and others as assigned. Create and execute a marketing plan for each event/campaign to recruit participants and audience members. Refresh each campaign regularly to maintain excitement for each event. Market the emCareers.org campaign to increase job seeker traffic.
- Develop, execute and manage EMRA’s marketing efforts to external audiences such as other medical specialties.
- Manage graphic design vendors to create new member kits components and graphics to support EMRA special events and campaigns. Ensure designs meet EMRA brand standards, vendors deliver product within the required timeframe and within budget.
- Manage creation and distribution of EMRA new member kits to individuals and through residency programs. Ensure kit creative design and messaging is fresh and adheres to EMRA branding and messaging standards. Manage vendors to fulfill new member kits to ensure kits are distributed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Manage creation and distribution of EMRA kits to emergency medicine interest groups. Ensure creative design and kit delivery adheres to EMRA branding standards. Manage vendors to fulfill EMIG kits to ensure kits are distributed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Manage publication inventory to ensure EMRA has accurate inventory to fulfill new member kits and EMIG kits. Provide monthly accurate inventory reports to supervisor. Recommend when new inventory should be produced.
- Utilize content management software to create or revise information as needed in conjunction with EMRA activities and events.
- Develop, maintain and execute an annual communications/marketing calendar addressing membership, events, affinity programs, publications and ACEP meetings.
- Manage affinity partner relationships including facilitating annual business reviews and using this data to improve member benefit activation. Create and implement marketing strategies for affinity partners.
- Serve as staff liaison to the EMRA Committees and Divisions as assigned by providing orientation and advice to Chair and members; coordinating and supporting efficient committee meetings and activities; preparing appropriate background information and tracking committee actions; identifying potential problems; advising Executive Director and monitoring committee compliance with EMRA policies and procedures.
- In tandem with Managing Editor, support preparation of monthly email newsletters according to established deadlines including What’s Up in Emergency Medicine, and others as assigned. Support compilation or creation of graphics for print and web publishing.
- Draft and/or edit written communications such as reports, correspondence, and guidelines as assigned or required for team coordination and cross-training.
- Participate in EMRA Board Meeting planning, CORD Annual Meeting and ACEP Scientific Assembly preparations and travel to meetings as necessary. Provide assistance for member participation in state/local/national events as assigned.
- With the EMRA Executive Director, prepare and monitor budgets, as assigned.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other EMRA staff members on projects to ensure efficiency within the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Relationships and Contacts:
||EMRA Executive Director
||Annals, Chapter and State Relations, Corporate Development, Educational Products, Emergency Medicine Practice, Finance, Grants and Foundation Development, Member Care Center, Office of the Executive Director, Staff Services, and Technology Services
||ACEP and EMRA members; EMRA Board, EMRA Representatives, and committee members; ABEM, CORD, SAEM, AAEM and other associations; designers, developers, printers, mail houses and other vendors; funding sources; universities; residency directors and program staff; advertisers, exhibitors, and sponsors
Required Educations and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising, business or management or equivalent related experience
- Five years of related work experience including experience in marketing and public relations, special events, advertising, and promotions
- Established skills with Microsoft Office (Windows environment) and other software programs such as desktop publishing, graphics, databases, survey creation, and content management systems; experience with various web browser technologies; working knowledge of the Internet and its capabilities
- Two years of project management/special event planning/ agency experience
- Some travel required; must be able to work occasional nights and weekends
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organized, accurate and with strong initiative
- Ability to interact well with team colleagues, members and prospects
- Excellent project/special event planning skills
- Excellent proofreading and copyediting skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in working with volunteers and vendors
- Work with EPiServer or html
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, pension plan and more.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.