CEDR Operations Manager
||Supports Associate Executive Director (AED), Quality and Director, Clinical Emergency Data Registry (CEDR) to implement the CEDR service for customers of ACEP. Provides project management and administrative oversight of the clinical data registry implementation and related quality projects to achieve department objectives and execute assigned deliverables. Leads effort to transform the CEDR implementation processes into a repeatable, scalable, and cost-effective operation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and improvement of CEDR implementation processes, tools, and personnel that results in an implementation life cycle that is repeatable, scalable, and cost-effective.
- Recommends improvements to the implementation process and implements those recommendations with minimal direction from the CEDR Program Director.
- Makes decisions on all aspects of day-to-day operations of the clinical registry project implementation for customers, including coordination of customer, ACEP, and partner resources and activities.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes involved in CEDR Data integration.
- Leads integration discussions between FIGmd, ACEP, and customers to resolve data issues.
- Creates technical documentation supporting integration approaches and techniques.
- Leads technical discussions with clients on CEDR implementations.
- Creates and manages tracking and communication tools for stakeholders in the implementation process.
- Takes corrective action for problematic implementations, resolves conflicts, and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Evaluates and recommends measure-specific strategies to the Associate Executive Director of Quality, and designated ACEP committees and sections.
- Provides staff support to the Quality and Patient Safety Committee and to the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety section, Emergency Medicine Informatics. and others as assigned.
- Serves as liaison between ACEP, potential and enrolled registry participants, large group organizations, billing and coding companies, EHR vendors, and funding agencies in conjunction with AED of Quality, Director of CEDR, and Quality team members.
- Provides administrative management and continued outreach and engagement for EDs participating in ACEP’s clinical data registry and quality initiatives.
- Collaborates on the development of new partnerships with billing and coding companies, large groups, funding agencies, researchers, and other outreach support as needed.
- Integrates CEDR program with other ACEP Quality initiatives including E-QUAL and MOC-4.
- Provides oversight of project management tools used by ACEP and our partners.
- Reviews and supports CEDR project management processes and procedures for effective project execution and communication.
- Coordinates and participates in webinars, trainings, and site visits for recruitment, validation and Facilitate registry related committee and section outreach and related responsibilities to maximize interaction with physician leadership.
- Provides administrative oversight for the planning and development of Registry, Quality and Health IT related meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Establishes, maintains and updates systems for communication among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects, activities, and objectives.
- Plans and develops project timelines, monitor project milestones, arrange for implementation of activities to ensure timely completion of projects to achieve departmental objectives and deliverables for funded projects.
- Monitors contracts, consulting hours, invoices, travel reimbursements, meeting budgets, and other budgetary and financial information as assigned.
- Attends educational and business meetings as assigned with some travel required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Relationships and Contacts:
||Program Director, CEDR
||CEDR Project Coordinators (4)
| Internal Contacts:
||ACEP staff members in Quality, Technical Services, Member Communications and Marketing, Educational Products, Educational Meetings, Grants and Corporate Development
||Quality and Patient Safety Committee, Registry Committee, Quality Measures Technical Expert Panel, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Section, Emergency Medicine Informatics Section, ACEP members, medical society staff, vendor and service providers
Required Educations and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, IT, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of project management and administration experience including writing reports, expense/budget monitoring, and interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet searches
- Communications and presentation skills, including facilitation of meetings with external stakeholders and technical teams
- Demonstrated experience in software implementations, system integration, and ETL processes.
- In depth understanding of data ETL processes, data transformation and engineering techniques used in integration efforts.
- Engineering experience in system data exchange through programming scripts, and/or engineering specification development.
- Supervisory experience
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Previous work experience with health care subject matter experts, physician organizations, billing and coding, or health policy
- Ability to handle full range of delegated tasks, work independently, exercise good judgment, prioritize tasks, display strong personal initiative, and follow through in all areas assigned with attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and schedules
- Ability to build, establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills both written and the ability to communicate orally
- Model cooperative, tactful demeanor with ability to work under pressure
- Master’s degree in software engineering
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, pension plan and more.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.