||Supports department staff. Assists with development and production of educational activities. Coordinates CME applications for ACEP enduring materials.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support, to include creating and proofreading documents and correspondence, photocopying, mail routing, and responding to requests for information; organizing meetings and conference calls; completing purchase requisitions and check requests; maintaining department files; and supporting committees, Sections, and editorial boards.
- Assists with Critical Decisions in Emergency Medicine, to include maintaining manuscript tracking and filing systems; preparing and mailing author packets and other correspondence; sending reminders; ensuring receipt of signed author agreements and disclosure statements; formatting and editing approved drafts; incorporating and checking editor’s changes; coordinating revision of CME questions; proofreading; processing honoraria; distributing printed issues; and coordinating annual reader survey.
- Assists with educational product development, to include maintaining manuscript tracking and filing systems; preparing and mailing correspondence, agreements, instructions, and minutes of planning sessions; incorporating and checking editor’s changes; securing copyright permissions; preparing final manuscripts for production; sending manuscripts and page proofs to authors, editors, and freelancers; proofreading page proofs as assigned; and testing online and mobile educational activities.
- Recruits and recommends reviewers for educational products and coordinates the review process.
- Recruits, recommends, and coordinates the work of contract copyeditors, proofreaders, and indexers,
- Obtains CME credit for educational products, to include entering activity information into the online CME system; obtaining disclosure and review forms from contributors; submitting required information; generating and submitting reports for annual CME reporting; complying with ACCME requirements; and obtaining AOA credit.
- Provides customer service for CME application questions and mailing list rental requests as needed.
- Submits and maintains records of copyright applications.
- Maintains written procedures for all processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Contacts:
||Director, Educational Products
||Finance; Marketing and Communications; Member Care Center; Office Services; Technology Services
Authors; CME applicants; editors; Editorial Board members; Library of Congress; mailing list customers; other medical societies; printers; publishers; third-party editors, proofreaders, indexers, project managers, application developers
Required Educations and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Five years’ secretarial or administrative experience
- Two years’ experience in education or publishing
- Ability to work independently and meet multiple deadlines
- Word processing skills (Word), proficiency in Excel
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in a publishing or customer service environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to accommodate shifting priorities
- Cooperative, positive, tactful attitude, service oriented
- Knowledge of Internet, including HTML skills
- Ability to travel
- Well organized
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plan and more.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.