Part II of your ABEM MOC requirements is Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment, or LLSA.
To complete it, you must:
- Pass four LLSA tests in years 1 through 5 of your certification and four LLSA tests in years 6 through 10 of your certification, and
- Report 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per year, eight of which must be "self assessment", averaged over each 5-year period.
- The Patient Safety LLSA is required for all diplomates whose certificates expire in 2017 and will replace one of the eight self assessment requirements.
All CME must be related to your practice. Types of CME that are considered to be equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM include AAFP Prescribed Credit, ACOG Cognates, and AOA Category 1-A Credits. Examples of self-assessment activities are:
- Activities that have a testing component, particularly a post-test
- Activities that are simulation-based, during which feedback is provided
- The ABEM LLSA CME activities
- Activities that use external assessment methods and standards
- CME activities involving patient and peer review
- Practice Improvement Modules (PIMs), Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs), and similarly designed CME activities that are offered by other medical specialty boards
Your deadlines for completing these requirements depend on your certification expiration date.
To check your own personal certification status and requirements, go to the ABEM website and log on to ABEM MOC Online.
For more information, go to the ABEM MOC Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment resources on the ABEM website, or call ABEM, 517-332-4800, or e-mail email@example.com.
Watch this Video to Learn More
About the New Patient Safety Module
ACEP and Hippo Education are proud to bring you the best way to complete your LLSA requirements every year!
ABEM's LLSA articles are packed with information and pearls - but for a busy Emergency Physician, prepping for the LLSA test can feel like a hurdle and a chore.
Let us do the heavy lifting. Join us for excellent education and great entertainment as we review each paper and walk through a sample exam that will make passing the LLSA test a breeze.
Review the quick and easy summaries or dig in depth to each article with us ... either way, you'll never see LLSA the same again. https://www.hippoem.com/llsa
LLSA Resource Center
The ACEP LLSA Resource Center is your gateway to resources that will help you pass your LLSA tests and fulfill your CME requirements.
Some of these resources are available to all ABEM diplomates, and some are available only to ACEP members. So if you’re not an ACEP member, find out how to become one today.