Critical Care Medicine
The Critical Care Medicine Section of ACEP seeks to provide resources and support for emergency physicians who practice critical care medicine in the emergency department and in the intensive care unit.
Our objectives are:
- To promote clinical excellence in specific critical care issues encountered in routine emergency medicine practice.
- To serve as a means for communication among physicians interested in enhancing their critical care skills within the practice of emergency medicine.
- To provide professional and academic support to emergency physicians who have completed training in critical care medicine.
- To promote educational excellence in the clinical training of emergency physicians in critical care medicine
- To serve as a resource to ACEP's President and Board of Directors on issues related to critical care medicine.
Critical Care Medicine Section Copyright Assignment Agreement
2013-15 Section Officers:
Chair/Alternate Councillor - Evie Marcolini, MD, FACEP
Chair-elect - Ayan Sen, MD, M.Sc
Secretary/Newsletter Editor - Nicholas Mohr, MD
Web Page Editor - John M. Litell, DO
Immediate Past Chair/Councillor - Joseph Shiber, MD, FACEP
Board Liaison - Debra G. Perina, MD, FACEP
Staff Liaison - Margaret Montgomery, RN, MSN
Critical Care Section Operational Guidelines
Revised September 2009
The Network for Pancreatic Organ Donors with Diabetes (nPOD) is a collaborative type 1 diabetes research project funded by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). They are reaching out to emergency physicians for the procurement of tissues with type 1 diabetes.
For inquiries, questions, or comments about the section, please send an e-mail to the staff liaison.
Critical Care Section members may send an e-mail to all members of this section via the section e-list at firstname.lastname@example.org