Make Critical Decisions the cornerstone of your lifelong learning plan!
In EVERY monthly issue you'll find the following features, developed for your practice needs:
- Two case-based clinical lessons focused on the information YOU need to stay current. Each issue of Critical Decisions provides you with two lessons—on topics chosen from the "EM Model"—to keep you abreast of changing technology, emerging disease trends, new pharmaceuticals, and the myriad other facets of emergency medicine practice.
- "The LLSA Literature Review." This feature brings you synopses of the articles from ABEM's yearly LLSA reading lists. Each summary features bulleted highlights of the articles to help you focus your continuous learning efforts.
- "The Critical ECG." An ECG illustrating a challenging condition is presented along with a discussion of the subtleties of its interpretation.
- "The Critical Image." An image (CT, radiograph, etc.) is provided along with a discussion of the visual clues leading to the correct diagnosis.
- "The Drug Box." A concise review of indications, dosage, and contraindication for commonly used medications.
- Online testing and the opportunity to earn 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per issue, 5 ACEP Category I credits, and 5 AOA Category 2-B credits. (That's 60 credits per 1-year subscription—at no extra charge!)
Special note to ACEP Member Residents: Starting with the July 2013 issue of Critical Decisions, you will be able to access your complimentary subscription on ACEP's Web site. Simply click on the "Your Subscription" tab in the right navigation bar and begin enjoying cutting-edge clinical content.
The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per issue. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA (American Academy of Physician Assistants) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for organizations accredited by ACCME. Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for 5 ACEP Category I credits per issue. Approved by the AOA for 5 Category 2-B credits. A minimum score of 70% is required.