Assessment of Cognitive Expertise
Part III of your ABEM MOC requirements is Assessment of Cognitive Expertise, or the ConCert examination.
To complete it, you must:
- Pass the ConCert examination at least every 10 years.
Your deadline for completing this requirement depends on your certification expiration date.
To check your own personal certification status and requirements, go to the ABEM website and log on to ABEM MOC Online.
For more information, go to the ABEM MOC Assessment of Cognitive Expertise resources on the ABEM website, or call ABEM, 517-332-4800, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what ACEP has to help you complete ABEM MOC Part III
PEER VIII: Physician’s Evaluation and Educational Review in Emergency Medicine, Volume 8
- How would you do if you had to take a board exam tomorrow? Find out right now – for free! Take the PEER VIII Pretest here — 90 multiple-choice questions on EM Model topics and a score report by category. (Available to ACEP members only, and if you haven’t already taken it. No CME credit.)
- Ready to purchase? Order your print edition of PEER VIII now.
- Don't need the books? Get PEER VIII Online here. Includes 401 bonus questions from PEER VII.
- Residency directors – get PEER VIII Online for your residents for only $50 per year!
- PEER VIII for iPhone will be released in October.
- PEER VIII for iPad will be released in January 2013.
PEER VIII is emergency medicine's gold standard for content review and self-assessment. It’s 450 multiple-choice questions on EM Model topics, with detailed answer explanations that tell you why the correct answer is correct, but also why the "foils" are not. PEER has helped tens of thousands of emergency physicians pass all types of certification exams for more than 35 years. (Not affiliated with ABEM)
- 450 all-new questions -- the most ever!
- More than 60 images for visual stimuli, many in color
- A subject index for the "Answers" book
- A handy "Where's that question about ..." index for the "Questions" book
- Reference ranges for selected laboratory tests
- Up to 55 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Online testing with Pretest, Practice Tests by Category, and Post-Test
ACEP chapter resources
These ACEP chapters have resources to help you complete Part III: